Saturday, December 18, 2004

To Blog or Not to Blog

That IS the question. The fact that you are reading this lets you in on the answer. My sister-in-law, to whom I am a junior in years, wisdom, and discipline, added a humorous comment recently, inquiring about a possible “writer’s blogck.” I wish this were the case. My issue of late has been more of a “time blogck,” blogcked from time to even read my own dear wife’s words of wisdom.

As frequent visitors to this site have figured out, the inspiration to write is often at a disconnect with the ability to actually sit at the keyboard. When time permits, the muses hide far away. And of course, when great insights occur, time is ripped from my fingers. At least that’s a convenient excuse as to why I see my profoundest thoughts as those that never make it into actual words.

But knowing that our Christmas letter is soon arriving at the homes of friends and family and knowing that Raven somehow included our blog addresses, I figured that I should have something current to view at this site for those interested. So here it is.

At least Raven likes it. Or at least I think he does. Often times when I’m at the computer he will come in the office and sit next to me and glance up at me and the screen. He always has a look of approval and sometimes amazement in his eyes. Once in a while he will even bark, which I like to translate as a hearty “Amen” from the good German shepherd. Maybe he likes to think of himself as my editor. I better keep that on the hush hush from the Warden. (She is after all the much better editor.)

So for those visiting for the first time as a result of our Christmas letter, welcome. May you find time this Christmas season to find time, time to rest and reflect on God’s goodness and gracious gifts which He bestows on us daily. May we all be cheerful receivers of all He has to offer.

0 comments: