Sunday, November 27, 2005

Happy Birthday

I thank my wife each November for blazing the trail before me. For nine long months she gets to experience what it means to be a year older (than me). She is now getting her feet wet with the reality of 48 while I’m still enjoying the early stages of 47. It’s great to have someone like her test out those new phases of life. She doesn’t seem to mind and she wears the years well. Her adventurous steps ahead of me cannot be described by the proverbial “age before beauty,” because she trumps me on both accounts. The older she gets, the better she looks. And I don’t attribute it to my faltering eyesight. (I still can pass the driver’s license test without my glasses.)

Enjoy the rest of the 40’s honey. If you think something’s gaining on you, it’s probably just me. I hope to pursue you for many years to come. But could you please slow down a bit and at least give me a chance to catch you?

2 comments:

Suzi said...

At least this is one race I can win! Thanks honey, I love growing old with you. You are my sweetest and thank you for such a great birthday!
Love, Suzi aka the Warden aka Swansmith

Dave King said...

Happy Birthday to Suzi! :)

Tim there's a thank you to you over at IdeaJoy :)