Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Well, it’s only 50 more weeks until Cornerstone 2007. With this year’s event coming late and next year's one being held early, the pressure is on to get ready soon. I hate that kind of pressure. It's kind of like the pressure of having to write about what a wonderful week we all had at the fest (and do it in a somewhat timely manner.)

I hate this kind of pressure. It causes me to do dumb things like pack 16 undershirts and zero underpants. This could have resulted in one huge embarrassment, but I think the Cornerstone angels were looking kindly upon me (or at least upon those camping nearest to me.)

Early in the week I was fortunate to come across a fellow ‘Stoner from my home church. After trading musical show suggestions, I humbled myself and told him of my plight. In the true spirit of Cornerstone he responded with great compassion. (Of course, he first had a great laugh, but nevertheless he searched his soul and the dark recesses of his fertile memory.) He then excused himself. (No, not for that reason, he actually left and went inside his pop-up camper.) After a few minutes he came back with a handful of fruit—of the loom. Of course, I prefer Jockey brand, but hey, beggars can’t be choosers. The other thing I noticed right away besides the brand was the color. These underpants were quite brown in the back. But hey, beggars can’t be choosers, right. So I didn't let it bother me.

I suppose it was partly because they were also very brown in the front too. And on the sides. And inside and out. The story is, he had tried coloring them the Cornerstone colors of brown and yellow to proudly display them somewhere, but the dyes ran together and out came some evenly colored medium to light brown undees.

Now seeing that I don’t wear my pants down multiple inches below my waist, as it is so hip (hop) to do, it didn’t really bother me at all. I wore brown underwear all week long and no one (save one) was the wiser.

But what would the geeks and the trekies at the Imaginarium have thought? (Well, maybe in part two.)

0 comments: