Sunday, December 31, 2006

I’m dreaming of a green New Year’s,
Just like the ones they have down south,
With snow plows inactive,
Bare trees unattractive,
And no scarf to cover my mouth.

I’m dreaming of a green New Year’s,
With every word I sit and write,
Out my window is a sight,
That makes me wonder if it’s right?

I’m dreaming of a green New Year’s,
Am I really home or still in Tennessee?
With sidewalks not slippery,
And winds not even blistery,
I thought white was a January guarantee.

I’m still dreaming of a green New Year’s,
Am I awake or still asleep?
Oh!-- now wait just a minute,
The white stuff just won’t quit it,
And my dreams are causing me to weep.

I’m now experiencing a white New Year’s,
The flakes are falling to and fro,
Getting bigger by the minute,
A shovel, I’ll have to get it,
So much for dreams, here comes the snow.

0 comments: