Sunday, March 02, 2008

A book a week, that’s all we ask

This is not the time of year that I should be reading books, or blogging for that matter.

But I did. And I’m glad. So I confess. Real good book. Real fast read. Easy to relate. So I write.

After church last Sunday night someone came out with a bag full of a soon-to-be-released book. I saw a flock of people swarm toward the bag, especially since the price of “free” was announced. I wasn’t one of the flock, knowing I was too busy to read a book now. So I stayed put. But just before we left I walked by the bag and took a peek inside--one solitary copy left.


Should I or shouldn’t I? That was the question.

I did. I started reading Tony Jones’ New Christians: Dispatches from the Emergent Frontier when I got home. Immediately I was hooked. In many ways, it was my story. I’m almost 10 years older than the author, but his journey took him to and through many of the same places and thoughts. So I could relate. I finished the book this evening. I hope to have more to say on it soon, before I forget what I read

Sorry to tease, but it’s getting late.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like reading Christian novels, may I suggest a title? "Outcasts of Skagaray" by Andrew Clarke is an action fantasy adventure which has sometimes been compared to C.S. Lewis. To find out more, check www.threeswans.com.au for sample chapters and details. It would be good to see what you think!