Thursday, March 13, 2008

Rolling in the Dough


My favorite radio personality was talking about money this afternoon. He told the story of a guy who, although a millionaire, didn’t feel that he was really set for life. This guy felt that he needed something more like six million before he could put his mind at ease. Of course this gave Mischke some great fodder to ramble on about the “good old days” when being a millionaire meant something.

And of course before those "good old days" we had the really really good older days when one could be happy about being a thousandaire. And if one reaches even further back in time the goal of being a hundredaire was a lofty one.

After listening to Tommy pontificate I felt much better about being a hundredaire myself. I may not be a millionaire and I probably never will attain that status, but for now I should be content with the title of hundredaire. It has a nice ring to it.

And if I use my toes to also count I probably qualify as a thousandaire. That really sounds impressive. Tim the Thousandaire. I better not let it go to my head.

0 comments: