Saturday, July 09, 2005

Yesterday

This is an official post to let all those concerned know that I did not blog yesterday. If you visited my blog yesterday, you probably saw no new entry. If you saw an entry, you have a wild imagination or are delusional. The reason you saw no entry was because there was no entry for Friday the 8th. It should have been blank, as blank as the gray matter in my head yesterday.

There is a perfectly legitimate and rational reason for this incidence or lack of an incidence, however. I did not blog.

It was not due to an offensive post, which would have been hijacked by dear wife (since she knows how to get into my site.) I simply did not blog.

And if I wasn’t making this important disclaimer today, my blog might not have had an entry for Saturday the 9th. But I wanted everyone to know that my computer is working fine, the Blogger site is up and working splendidly, aliens did not interfere with my ability to post, and the Swansmith did not hijack my account. I simply did not blog yesterday.

But I did eat. We visited our last graduation open house of the year last night and I needed to stock up until next year’s collection of baked bean, deli sandwich, and sheet cake celebrations. I was able to fill my pants’ pockets with almost a year’s supply of lemon bars and potatoe (out of respect for Dan) chips.

So with that much graduation food cache, you can understand why I did not blog. Upon arriving at home, I had to attend to other things.

I would mention more, but we now need to leave for a small group picnic which will look an awful lot like a graduation open house. Beans, brats, cake and chips: at least we’ve got the four food groups covered.

I don’t know yet if I should expect to see a post under my Sunday blog. Three cheers for summer.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Thank you so much for setting our minds at ease. We were worried.

Perhaps this explains why your counter number is so much higher than your sweet Warden's.

We are rarely disappointed when we check into her blog. She has usually posted by 9:00 a.m. Although I will have to ask her to quit that pesky job of hers if she is late too many more times.

Anyway, we usually only have to check her blog once. Not so yours. I think this is probably a ploy of yours to have your counter number higher than hers.

In the words of Daniel's favorite philosopher Brak: "Am I right, or am I right or am I right?"

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

But who told you, Cheri?