Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Kinda Weird

I should have stood in line Tuesday morning at 8 am. For my search this Wednesday evening for Weird Al’s latest CD was in vain. I knew it would be a hot commodity. They were no where to be found.

I should be a buyer for Target or Best Buy. When will these corporate suits give the “weird one” his just due? The man is a genius. A maestro. A national treasure.

He writes the songs that make the whole world sing. He transcends all styles and genres. He is the true uber-musician. The great one. The one that can adapt to any movement in the history of music.

I wonder if his plea on one of the earlier released singles encouraged fans to run and buy his CD instead of downloading it. Entitled “Don’t download this Song,” it tells how pirated music makes it tough for him to pay for his gold-plated Hummer and his diamond lined swimming pool. So go out and buy it, like you know you should. But shop someplace far from where I pick up my goods.

0 comments: