Sunday, September 24, 2006

News Flash

I can hardly contain myself. I’m literally shaking now as I type. I’m experiencing euphoria on a level I haven’t experienced in years. (I’m sorry this is not related to the fact that my lovely wife arrived home from a weekend retreat this afternoon.) I just finished laughing myself to tears. My belly was jiggling enough to completely digest my entire supper and I think there’s probably now room enough for two types of pie now available in our kitchen.

I was fully engaged in my latest addiction, wikipedia. It’s kind of like surfing the net only in a more civilized uniform form. (As I’ve mentioned before, this encyclopedia seriously dwarfs Britanica, World Book, Colliers, and the unabridged Oxford Dictionary combined.) I forget now where I started, by I ended up on the entry for one of my favorite artists, Weird Al Yankovic. In reading about him it said that his most recent album was released on September 26, 2006. What??? But today’s only the 24th. Do I really have to wait two more days for the actual release? Boy are these next two days going to drag by! I suppose that I will have to be camped outside my local Best Buy or Target come Tuesday morning at 8 am.

In doing a little more digging, I found that at least two of the videos from the album are already available on line at www.youtube.com. (What a wonderful cyber-world we live in.) I watched “White and Nerdy” and “Don’t Download this Song” multiple times. I shared my joy with my wife and daughter. And now I’m thinking about requiring my son to come home early so he too can feast his eyes on this musical delight. A dad’s got to do what a dad’s got to do.

Please pray that I will be able to sleep tonight.

0 comments: