Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day



Hail to the chiefs. I read an article a few months back about great American presidents. It was in a Teaching Company catalog trying to sell lectures about the presidents. The professor who presents the lectures had selected the 12 greatest presidents in his opinion.



As you would expect, I was surprised by some, but not by others. Of course the original G. W. would have to be on the short list along with honest Abe and the man from Monticello. But who else should be included?



I asked a friend from church to give me his input, since he loves all things presidential. But he has yet to get back to me. I think he's waiting for himself to be put in that office before he gives me his definitive list.



I'm going to start listing them as I remember them, and then if I can find that catalog (I don't think I tossed it) I will complete the list.



1. George Washington

2. Thomas Jefferson

3. Abraham Lincoln

4. Franklin Roosevelt

5. Ronald Reagan

6. Thomas Jefferson



I'll go look for that article.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Shouldn't that be 'hail to the chieves?' :)

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

I actually had thought about playing with that word, but then I thought that if I did, it would have devolved into something too close to cheeses and then I would have had to make some snide Wisconsin joke, so I practiced restraint.