Thursday, February 14, 2008

Random Thing # 4 (with a Valentine's Day spin)


I thought I’d put a Valentine’s Day slant on today’s entry. My past Valentine’s Day blogs gave me the opportunity to show off my lack of poetic ability. But this year I will save myself any further embarrassment and will save any possible readers from having to grimace.

# 4. I met my wife on the glossy pages of a magazine.

But that’s not the whole story.

The rest of that story is that Suzi and I, both non-Baptists, were chosen by a Baptist publication to each write a one page article. The pages that these articles appeared on were back to back in the magazine, cheek to cheek so to speak (no rhyme intended).

This was before we ever dated. We knew of each other, and kinda, sorta knew each other, but we were somehow put in that very friendly, "compromising" position by some unknown editor.

Nowadays, we’re usually facing the other way, staring lovingly into each other’s eyes, holding each other tight. (How’s that for a mushy story? But it’s true.)

Happy Valentine’s Day, honey. And if you don’t read this until months later, happy belated Valentine’s Day.

4 comments:

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Weird Al released his first album in the spring of 1983. Tim and Suzi were married in the spring of 1983. Weird Al is still going strong, recording and relevant. Tim and Suzi are happily married, getting ready to celebrate 25 years.

Coincidence?? I think not.

Cheri said...

Hey! Welcome back to blogging. Should I rat you out....?

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Do you want a place to stay on Friday?

Just kidding. But I thought it was a great line.

I'm sure you love keeping your kid sister in the dark too, because it's so much fun to see her reaction when she finds out.

Cheri said...

Okay, it would be fun to see her reaction. With an audience too!