Saturday, November 27, 2004

Birthday Surprise

I’ve got a birthday surprise for my wife—NO BLOG. Wait, that’s not going to work. I’ve already started writing this, and it’s related to her birthday and I wish she has (now I must confess, I should have said “had” since I’m actually not writing this on her birthday, but rather the day following, early Sunday morning. And I’m pre-dating it so that it looks like I was prompt in my birthday wishes. So really this could be filed under “belated birthday.” And as such I could draw upon all kinds of great humor in that section of the b-day cards aisle. But I’m going to pretend that I was responsible and got this blog in on time. So where was I? Oh, yeah. . .) a wonderful 47th birthday.

So what could the surprise be? I bought her a web-cam for her computer, so she can now show her smile to the admiring world. But she was kind of expecting that, I think. And besides I didn’t hide it very well, and she found it before her birthday. And I’ve been working in the garage all day long trying to get it ready for a second car and a real working laundry tub and hopefully heat, but she knows all about that.

I didn’t short-sheet the bed.
I didn’t send any sweet message concerning her to the newspaper.
I didn’t buy her the flowers that she received from her sister (although I tried to think of a way to take credit)
I did take her out for supper.
I did make my own sandwich for lunch.
I did run numerous errands and filled up the gas tank in her vehicle.

But what could be the birthday surprise? Maybe I’ll have to wait a day to think about it. Or could it be . . . ?

2 comments:

Suzi said...

I think my birthday surprise was the first snowfall of the season. But sorry, honey, you can't take credit for that.

Unless there's another surprise...

Suzi said...

Ahhh the surprise was that you left a comment on my other blog: www.bloggingforlight.blogspot.com

Thanks honey--I'm glad someone reads it!