Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Fresh from the garage

So I ended up back in the garage to burn some calories. Digging through an old box I found a 13-file folder contraption that held all of our receipts for the year 1984. That was before Luke and only our second year of marriage, back when we were organized. My best find was a receipt from a small music retailer that had started selling microwaves. Our first microwave, which cost us a whopping 350 bucks (in 1984 dollars!!!), was purchased on a 90 days same as cash contract. We bought it from a company that had just switched their official name to Best Buy Co.; that name was on the receipt next to the larger d.b.a. Sound of Music. They no longer use the Sound of Music name, but I hear they still have an awesome selection of stereo gear.
Our financial situation has improved such that we no longer need to take out loans to buy our microwaves. Heck, we didn’t even sign a contract to buy our last toaster oven. And I think we might have even paid cash for the last can opener. Life in the kitchen is good (as long as I stay clear, that is.)

And I guess that is why I am now blogging again. The Swansmith is busy in the kitchen preparing for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal, and one of the few places I am safe in the house is here. She holds blogging in such high esteem that if I am blogging, I am exempt from other home chores. For you see, I am now being “productive.” I am creating something of worth. (Alright, cut the giggles and chuckles.) I am giving the woman of the house something to read. And that makes it o.k. to sit on my butt. So the longer I blog, the longer I can stave off requests from the “Warden” to slice apples or peel potatoes or engage in other non-timman-type work.

And finally, the Swanmeister would want you to know that yes, it was a G.E. microwave. And for those of you interested it was a model 212, a very good model indeed. And if I remember right, it was so big that we had to purchase a special microwave cart just to hold it. That cart long out-lasted the microwave, and it was re-born as a TV shelf, and later as a computer desk.

Well I sense a chance to break now, either sneaking back to the garage or into the sack to rest up for a busy day of over-eating. The superior sex is still slaving away in the kitchen and I’m trying not to feel guilty. And it’s working. So there. I have my work cut out for me tomorrow as I have to eat all that food. I better get right to bed. Good night.

2 comments:

Suzi said...

So, ya think you can get out of helping in the kitchen? Just wait till tomorrow--

Good blog however. Except you know alright is really spelled all right. One of my pet peeves.

Kisses.

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Just for you.

However, I think it is accepted.

You know, tell a lie long enough, or spell incorrectly long enough, and it becomes accepted.