Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanks

Thank you God for countless blessings. Your goodness has been heaped upon me in more ways than I know, for I find new examples each day.

You have given me a family heritage of true compassion, one that has always shown me that I matter and am cared for, one that has encouraged me to venture out and try new things, but at the same time being there when I need support and comfort. And I’ve had the fortune of marrying in to a family which gave my beloved a similar foundation of support and encouragement. As a result, our life together has been deeper and richer (and probably easier too) thanks to her like heritage.

And I am also grateful for the civic heritage that I too often take for granted. Despite all the challenges which are a natural part of any earthly society, our nation has provided us with more freedoms, more opportunities, more good will, and more material blessings than any other place in the world. Our forefathers sacrificed much to set into motion a place that by recorded history’s standards is truly unique. God has richly blessed, and probably spoiled, us.

But most important, I treasure the spiritual heritage which has been passed down to me. I have been loved beyond measure by a Lord and Savior that gave His very life through a painful sacrifice. Each day I see the clear love of Jesus through the sacrificial, devoted lives of his followers and through an awesome creation that is continually being made new. Each walk through the woods, or glance over a lake, or look into the starry heavens, or even time spent watching an underwater nature special on TV makes me realize the bounty of his love. May they always bring praises to my heart.

So may I always be thankful, living a life of gratitude and service each and every day. May a joyful gratitude and hopeful charity be hallmarks of my life as a natural outgrown of that which I’ve received; and may I pass that on to my kids as they too realize how much they have to give thanks for.

Tack gode Gud.

0 comments: