Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Fun Be Cuz

Today was the third day in a row that my cousin Terry joined me at work. He is in between jobs this week and managed to devote these five or six days to giving me a hand. He’s been a welcome hand to help me catch up at work. Although he’s never worked officially in the “field of mud,” his wide range of past hands-on activities made him a quick learner. After an early (but not too deep) quick slice of his thumb on Monday, he navigated the sharp knives and trowels pretty well.

But more than just helping lighten my work load (especially on these humid, oppressive, August days) he’s been a worthy and thoughtful discussion partner. We’ve reminisced and philosophized and encouraged one another. Our paths have not crossed as often as cousins' paths should, but we’ve done well playing catch up. He’s got a life full of stories and victories and it’s been great to hear them firsthand.

0 comments: