Friday, August 19, 2005

Send in the Clouds

Have clouds become more beautiful, more spectacular lately? Or have my senses been heightened? I think I’m developing a fondness, an affection, maybe even a keenness (or should that be kiihnness? Sorry, inside joke) for clouds. Maybe it’s always been there, but I definitely sense it growing. So many things come together to make a great cloud show. Not being a scientist, I mention only the obvious ones: the atmosphere and its moisture content, the prevailing winds brought about by the various fronts and pressures, and the position of the sun. Everyday the sun rises and sets, and everyday the barometric pressure rises and falls, and everyday the amount of moisture in the air varies, but the way things get mixed up works together in infinitely different patterns. And often the results are fantastic.

0 comments: