Sunday, December 25, 2005

A minor reason for the season

This Christmas was proof that it pays to blog. And it pays to whine and complain. Many weeks ago I told the sad tale of having no right glove. I'm sure many were moved. I know I was. In the subsequent days since that blog, I searched high and low, and even at waist level, for a companion to any of my lefties. But none has appeared.

But lo and behold, beneath a Christmas tree in Tennessee, a pair (both left and right) of gloves were found bearing my name. And they were in my color and my size and I felt like Cinderella. I am now ready to go outdoors, pull my hands out of my pockets, and wave them frantically to all I see, letting all the world know that my blogging adventures were not in vain. And Christmas is not only for children or maybe I'm still a kid.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good week. (Pray for us as our daughter turns 16 on Tuesday.)

2 comments:

Cheri said...

glad they fit

Rick said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter....and be glad "she" is a "she" !! Otherwise, those new gloves would be "gone with the wind". Trust me....I know this. One true fact of life is nothing disappears faster than socks and gloves in a house full of males !!