Tuesday, December 13, 2005

What Kind of Fish Are You?

I know this might seem a little fishy, but I want to brag about a book that I have actually read three times from cover to cover. And in case you’re wondering about the ambiguity of that last sentence—do I mean to brag on myself or brag about the book? I think both. I’m proud of my stick-to-it-ivness.

Now I don’t know if it’s kosher to copy a whole page of a book without getting permission from the author, but I’m going to do it anyways. I checked amazon.com and they didn’t have the book listed, so I wasn’t able to link there. Cause, as you probably know, Amazon does that kind of stuff, letting you read just long enough to get hooked on a book. And then the next page is missing.

Concerning my new fishy book, they're just not enlightened enough to include it in their vast collection. Or they've actually read it and refuse to sink to such a level. But it's not there. So if I don’t, who will? And if I don’t provide actual pictures, what I write will seem very obscure. So here goes. The book is written & illustrated by Jess MacCallum. It was published by In Ardua Tendit Press in 2003. And I betcha can’t even find it on ebay. Oh yeah, the title is “A Handy Guide to Swimming with the Fishes.”

So anyways, for the first one I’ll give the answer. After that you’re on your own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks to be orderable online, but not with much info. -Jeremy

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Thanks Jer,

I should have thought to check with them. Daaaaaaa. It's worth the 5 bucks. I got it free though for subscribing to the Door.

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Hey it looks like someone guessed the previous fish. It's probably time for another one.