Saturday, May 15, 2004

Creamy pillow talk

APB: 11:33 pm. I crawled into bed dead tired. And the pillow talk started. “I bought you something today,” Suzi said.
-What’s that?
-something you wanted
-Like what?
-something you mentioned last night.
I didn’t have a clue. I gave up and Suzi spilled the beans—coffee beans that is. Suzi had purchased some BREYERS COFFEE ICE CREAM. I have dreamed about the day that this would be available in the Twin Cities since the day Suzi’s parents bought this at Wal-mart for me over 2 years ago. And I never had a chance to eat the ice cream in Tennessee. And I’ve wondered what ever happened to that half gallon. Were they able to eat it or serve it to friends or give it away or (heaven forbid) dump it down the drain? I actually have thought about that often as I peruse the ice cream aisle whenever Suzi drags me to the grocery store. WHY DOES NO MINNEAPOLIS GROCERY STORE STOCK BREYERS COFFEE ICE CREAM? But now they do. :) And I have eaten, yea I eat even now as I type. And I smile. And I will go back to bed happy. And full. And with enough caffeine in my system to keep me from falling asleep so that I might come back down stairs to my computer and blog, blog, blog.

Or the pillow talk might continue. Good night and don’t forget to knock.

0 comments: