Friday, May 28, 2004

They're Here

Ready or not, here they . . . They're here. Punctual, right at 10 pm, Cheri, Daniel, and Steven arrive from the Great White North (almost). With frost warnings last night in northern Wisconsin they escaped just a little too late.

Remember the ad campaign about 15 to 20 years ago with bumper stickers "Escape to Wisconsin?" No doubt an effective campaign, but we Minnesotans got a chuckle when our fellow citizens took numerous bumper stickers from the Welcome Centers and then re-pieced them together on our bumpers as "Escape From Wisconsin." What mature humor. And then there was the story of the Wisconsin traveler in Russia who was detained because he had plastered that message on one of his suitcases. Actual event or urban myth? You decide.

I had planned to blog about my trip to the airport this morning to deliver a life-long friend to the Northwest gate for his flight to Hawaii. And I had planned to make some comments about this noon's funeral for my friend Scott's son Kyle. It will have to wait for another day. For this day is soooon becoming tomorrow.

One final comment: As I went to my computer earlier today to blog I noticed Sunshine Mai from Japan on line, so we chatted for awhile as she also sent me pictures from Japan. I share one for today.

0 comments: