Wednesday, January 24, 2007

American Idol (part 7)

My wife just informed me that I am now missing American Idol. In what sense did she mean that? Was she telling me how I should feel? Or was she stating a fact that I sit here blogging instead of being glued to the tube.

So this is a very time-sensitive blog. Could my dearest speak those same words an hour from now? So if you are reading this at a time after 8 pm Central on Wednesday night, you can pretend to be in a time warp, almost like time traveling. And I suppose you won't be faced with the dilemma of whether to watch or not.

But my wife is in the other room and she is laughing. What am I missing? Our dog is not holding his paws over his ears, so it can't be that.

Oh, wait now the paws are coming up. Well it's best for me to stay holed up here in my office.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haven't you milked that american idol thing long enuf?

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

She read my blog. I came to the "holed." I thought to myself "is this right?" Suzi thinks it is. I think I goofed. I think it should be "hold."

Are there any experts out there who can help us?

Anonymous said...

I googles "holed up in my room" and every reference (and there were many) spelled (spelt?) it "holed." If you said "hold up" in my room it would mean someone was holding you at gunpoint.
Love, Suzi

Anonymous said...

Oops I should have written "googled" not "googles"
SWN