Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Ku lu ku ku ku lu ku ku

I heard an ad on the radio today for an event coming soon to the Minneapolis Convention Center in downtown. It’s a great place for a convention—I’ve been there numerous times. I’ve been to the auto show, checking out all the latest. I’ve been to the RV show to dream about all the latest in recreational vehicles. I’ve been to the boat show, trying to hurry along the warm months in this frigid state. And I’ve been there for dozens of other events like the Home and Garden Show, the Remodeling Show, the landscaping show and on and on. Each of these shows trying their best to sell their wares. I’ve never bought a car or boat, but we did buy a camping trailer once.

These shows must be extremely successful in selling what they show as evidenced by the huge number of vendors willing to fork out the huge ching to secure their spot. The ad I listened to today has me confused though. It was advertising the “All Canadian Show.”

What’s the deal? How much does a Canadian go for these days? Can I get a good price on a cool Canuck? What exactly are they selling? And why did they pick this first week of January to promote our neighbors to the north? And why here in Minneapolis? Is there a shortage of Molson or Moosehead or Labatt? Eh?

And will the McKenzies be there? So far I’m not tempted to head over there to check it ouuut. But it might be fun to stand outside and do some sight-seeing people-watching.

Maybe this is where they winter? Well, I suppose I should welcome those snowbirds.

2 comments:

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

For those counting, I have not missed a single day in this new year of 2007. And blogging was not on my list of resolutions.

And if one includes the last day of 2006, I have racked up an amazing four days in a row.

Sincerely,

Mr. Consistency

Cheri said...

We are unspeakable proud of you.