Thursday, June 24, 2004

Coming Changes to Blobjects?

Another missed opportunity to blog about Cornerstone.

Blogs can be fun. Adding stuff to blogs can be even funner. And getting feedback can be funner than fun. Blogspot allows a blogger to add all kinds of neat stuff. One such add-on is site meter. This doohickey gives feedback as to the origin of readers. Although it DOES NOT identify actual readers of a blog, it does categorize them by time zone and domain name, such as AT&T or AOL or COMCAST, etc. I added site meter at the beginning, because the Warden told me I should. And since she has the keys, I complied.

One thing I’ve noticed during the past few weeks is that the percentage of readers from the US Central time zone is shrinking. They are probably getting wise to this nonsense. However, the readership percentage from the Far East is on the rise. In depth analysis has revealed that insiders from the high echelons of “Blobjects” have leaked the information that this blog will soon be published in Japanese. Anticipation is mounting. (This change should be taking place as soon as the timman learns a little more Japanese. He knows a few Japanese characters [and strange characters they are], but fears they might not be enough.)

Other research shows that real Canadians might be reading this blog. So in my effort to promote peace and solidarity with the lost souls to the North, I promise to type a little slower, eh? Like I really want to communicate effectively to everyone, eh? So take off eh and bring me some back bacon when we meet up at Cornerstone. (I did it! I worked in a word about C-stone, only 6 more days. And I will scan the horizon and see literally hundreds of the red & white Maple Leafs flapping in the breeze.) I guess I do miss the Canucks and their renditions of Oh Canada being drowned out by MXPX or Living Sacrifice.

So until Cornerstone, and until I master Japanese, and until I learn when “enough is enough,” and learn when to call it quits, I will continue to provide adequate words for the clueless. And laugh in the face of all those English teachers who told me I needed an outline, or a thesis, or even an idea before I started writing.

5 comments:

TKls2myhrt said...

I've learned the hard way not to immediately believe the words you type, so I'm sitting here at 11:30pm wondering if you really know Japanese. I've been trying to study/learn it for a five years - OK, I'm not trying that hard, but I've got the tapes and books to prove it. If you publish your blog in Japanese, I will buy you a sushi supper!

Suzi said...

The extent of Tim's Japanese is "Ohio" and "sayanara" and Kawasaki and Toyota and maybe a couple more. I think he might look into downloading a Japanese language program so our Japanese student and her friends who link to Tim's site can read it in their own language once in awhile. But, they may read it to improve their English, too--since Tim was an English major, right honey?

Hugs,

Swanster aka the Warden

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

I know lots of Japanese: Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Nissan, and many more.

Syanara,

Tim

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Swanster,

You beat me to the punch. I didn't see your comment until after I replied to Kiihnworld. Now everyone will know the source of my inspiration. Now where is that "heart" icon?

Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Oh yeah, Suzi Q,

Is that what I did in college?

Cyan are a color I likes,

Tim